Dear Parent / Guardian
We are really looking forward to welcoming our new Junior Infants to school. Junior Infant induction sessions will take place on Wednesday, 2nd September 2020.
INDUCTION SESSIONS: Wednesday 2nd Sept for Junior Infants
- Contact tracing forms to be signed by the parent.
- Parent must wear a mask and practise social distancing.
- Children may wear a mask
- Only 1 parent with the child
- 7 children and 7 parents per induction group
- 7 names taken off the list, going by alphabetical order
- Introduction to the classroom, children and parent meet the teacher, look around the room. Child colours a picture with their new classmates.
- Parent may take a picture of their child in the classroom.
- Teacher talks to parents
- Private class Twitter handle to be given to parents: to communicate homework / news from school
- Parent and child to bring all school-books on Induction visit day. Books are to be in a labelled plastic bag which Teachers can collect.
- Note: Due to the restrictions this is the only time that the parents will be allowed into the classroom.
- Teacher will show each group the morning drop-off and hometime collection system in front courtyard
- Each family will be notified the time of their induction session via text message from the school
- The Junior Teachers have planned out the schedule for the induction sessions. All three classes will be following the same programme for each session.
- The sessions will be 30 minutes in duration.
BACK TO SCHOOL after Induction Day:
- All Juniors in on Thursday Sept 3rd 9:30am – 12 noon (and on Friday Sept 4th).
- First full week: Sept 7th- 11th: 9:30am start to 12 noon
- Second week: Sept 14th – 18th : 9am – 12 noon
- Third week: Sept 21st-25th 9am- 12:30pm
- Fourth week: Sept 28th- October 2nd 9am to 1:40pm (full school day)
**Drop off & collection point for Juniors
- Morning drop off: children are to stand on the meeting point coloured spots, in the front courtyard.
- Parents drop off at the “drop off point”, the child walks up, stands on a coloured spot (a designated colour per class).
- Teacher/ SEN team meets the children and brings them into the room
- The same coloured spots will be used for hometime collection by adults.