I hope that you and your family are keeping safe and well. The arrangements for morning drop-off and afternoon collection will remain the same for the week ahead. The arrangements are as follows:
- School starts at 9:00am for Junior Infants. Class teachers will meet the Juniors on their spots, as usual, at 9:00am.
- Junior Infants will not stand on the spots on wet mornings. Teachers will meet the children at the classroom door at 9:00am. Please remain in your car, with your child, until 9:00am.
- Please be aware that the Junior Infants will continue to enter the school independently at 9:00am.
- Junior Infant hometime is at 1:30pm next week.
Senior Infants – 6th Class
- School starts at 8:55am for all other classes.
- Children should remain in their parent’s vehicles until at least 8:45am in the morning. There is a 10 minute window to allow children to enter the school building from this time.
- Even on wet mornings, we cannot receive pupils until 8:45am. Children should remain in their parent’s car until at least 8:45am.
- Hometime for Senior Infants is at 1:40pm
- Hometime for 1st Class is at 2:35pm
- Hometime for all other classes is at 2:40pm
HSE Advice if your child has Covid 19 symptoms (updated 2nd October)
Isolation Quick Guide (updated 16th September)
Classes will begin to ease back into homework this week.
I am asking for your help and support to monitor your child’s social media behaviour, especially around teasing about coronavirus. Children may post Covid-19 comments on social media in jest but these comments can be very hurtful. They can also build a culture that discourages early reporting of symptoms and further perpetuates community spread. COVID-19 does not distinguish between race, gender, nationality, class level or geographic borders. Please discourage comments in relation to Covid-19. It is too serious to joke about it.
Returning to school after an absence
When your child returns to school after an absence, please complete the HSE return to education form using the following link H.S.E RETURN TO SCHOOL PARENTAL DECLARATION FORM. The link is also posted on the school website.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to organise a cake sale this Halloween. However, the children may dress up in a costume on Friday 23rd October (day of the mid-term holidays).
It is with mixed emotions that I announce that Ms. Áine Burke, Classroom Teacher and SEN Teacher, has retired from teaching. Áine has provided us in Milford N.S. with 13 years of devoted service. In addition to her incredible dedication, competence and skill, Áine has been a friend to all with her thoughtfulness, support and encouragement. We will miss her greatly. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Áine for everything and to wish her the very best as she starts a new chapter in her life.
Our school has been chosen as a base school for a teacher substitute panel. I wish to formally welcome Mr. Brian Finn, Ms. Orlaith O’Leary and Ms. Éimear O’Connell to our staff for this year.
Ms. Dolphin will move into the SEN department in the school and take up Ms. Burke’s duties. We are very pleased to welcome Mr. Conor O’Brien back to Milford N.S. Mr. O’Brien will teach 2nd Class in Room 8 for the remainder of the year.
Finally, thank you so much for your continued support and cooperation. Your children have demonstrated an incredible capacity to adjust to the many changes that have been thrust upon them. We are extremely proud of their resilience and how they have settled into school life. Mo cheol sibh!
Wishing you and your family the very best.
Take care everyone.
Le gach dea-ghuí,