I hope that you and your family are keeping safe and well. It has been lovely to see the children in the junior classes settling back so well to school life. We are very much looking forward to welcoming the pupils in 3rd-6th Class back to our school next Monday. The Department of Health and the HSE have reaffirmed that the gradual phased reopening of schools can proceed as planned. The next phase of return is on Monday, March 15th when all classes will return to the school building.
The arrangements for morning drop-off and afternoon collection will be the same as they were prior to the Christmas holidays. The arrangements for next Monday are as follows:
- School starts at 8:55am for pupils in Senior Infants – 6th Class. We will receive children from 8:45am. The children will go directly to their classrooms via the designated routes that they used during Term 1.
- School starts at 9:00am for Junior Infants. Class teachers will meet the Juniors on their spots, as usual, at 9:00am.
- Children should remain in their parent’s vehicles until at least 8:45am in the morning. There is a 10 minute window to allow children to enter the school building from this time.
- Junior Infant hometime is at 1:30pm. Collection point is the Infant Courtyard.
- Hometime for Senior Infants is at 1:40pm. Collection point is the Infant Courtyard.
- Hometime for 1st Class is at 2:35pm. Collection point is the Church Carpark
- Hometime for 2nd-6th Classes is at 2:40pm. Collection point is the Church Carpark
Parents should maintain social distance and wear a face covering at all times in the car park and when collecting their children. In a letter to parents, the Minister for Education has stressed the necessity for everyone ‘…to abide by all social distancing guidance and stay home apart from essential journeys. Parents can help schools by being individually responsible and not lingering outside school at drop off and collection times. It is welcome that children will see their friends in school, but please do not organise playdates or home visits.’
Here are some reminders and notices:
Return to Education Form
Parents are required to complete the Return to Education Form in respect of children returning to school and after any absence from school. This form may be completed via the Aladdin Connect App or via the school website
Schoolbooks (3rd-6th Class only)
If you collected your child’s school books box during the closure you may return it to the school prior to this weekend (by 3:30pm Friday). The box should be labelled with your child’s name and class teacher’s name. The box should be returned to the Main Door hallway.
Laptops and iPads
Families who borrowed an ICT device may return it in their child’s school bag.
Pupil collections outside of normal hours must be by appointment and be essential collections. The sign out sheet will be completed by the secretary in the presence of the parent. Please do not enter the school building upon arrival. Instead, call the school office 061339123 or press the buzzer located next to the main door. The pupil will be brought to the front door located next to the After School Facility.
Wellness in Education
The Department of Education NEPS psychologists have developed advice and resources for parents, students and school staff to support them during school closure due to COVID-19. Please click here to access the resource site.
Communion & Confirmation
The school is still awaiting word of when the sacraments will take place this year. The churches are waiting for an announcement from the government in relation to when churches can open for ceremonies. The next scheduled date for such an announcement is 5th April. Once we receive information we will let you know as soon as possible.
Lá Glas Green Day – Tuesday 16th March 2021.
Children are invited to wear an item of green clothing with their school tracksuits for Green Day. (**N.B. No Wigs, Headbands or Flags Please**).
Odd Sock Day
Milford N.S. Down Syndrome Awareness Day will take place on Monday, 22nd March. Children and staff are invited to wear odd, colourful socks on this day.
HSE Quick Guide to Isolation (05/03/2021)
Dates to Remember
- School Closure – Wednesday, 17th March (St. Patrick’s Day)
- Easter Holidays – classes will be dismissed for the Easter holiday on Friday, 26th March at the following times:
- 11:50am closing for Juniors, 1st, 3rd and 5th Classes.
- Noon closing for Seniors, 2nd, 4th & 6th Classes
- School will reopen after the Easter holidays on Monday, 12th April.
Wishing you and your family the very best.
Take care everyone.
Le gach dea-ghuí,